Web Analytics
Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Rockerverb Style Tube amp

Anbefalte innlegg

Hello!

Recently, in my mind came the idea ..

Overdrive Rockerverb style channel- Rockerverb topology with some tone shaping modifications

Clean/crunch channel - I designed it a long time ago ..

Tubes: 4 x ecc83, 2 x 6v6

Front Panel :

Overdrive: Pre Gain, Post Gain, Sweep, Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume, Clean: Gain, Tone, Master Volume

and few switches to the channel configuration.

Today I made a preamp section :)

post-13933-0-48854900-1416317844_thumb.j

post-13933-0-57377000-1416317846_thumb.j

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes this is my own design. I started to design and make guitars and guitar tube amps 9 years ago. Overdrive channel is a channel similar to the orange Rockerverb drive channel, but it has been modified to have more control of gain / drive response. Clean channel has been designed for guitarist Emil Gruca, and it is in his signature tube combo, I slightly modified the tonestack in this project.

Here are a few samples of clean channel :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks!

I made the front panel here like this: first, aluminum chassis was sand by water sandpaper, later brushed by several different metal brushes, I printed by laser printer labels on the foil and transfer the labels by heat gun and I painted transparent varnish. This method is very good because I can transfer whatever I want, and in any colors :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks!

I made the front panel here like this: first, aluminum chassis was sand by water sandpaper, later brushed by several different metal brushes, I printed by laser printer labels on the foil and transfer the labels by heat gun and I painted transparent varnish. This method is very good because I can transfer whatever I want, and in any colors :)

I'll have to try that, thank you for the tip :) I have done the same thing but I used an iron to make the transfer. That also works but it's hard to get a really nice transfer that way (probably not hot enough).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I always use this foil http://www.folex.com/htm/580/en/X-10-0.htm?Article=47670

Viderekommen I tried a lot of methods to make the transfer. Iron is good to transfer the pcb. When you work with chassis you losse a lot of heat, Iron is too weak.

Today I installed a power transformer and speaker transformer, I finished wire clean channel and the inverter. I'm still waiting for one octal tube sockets :angry:

"I guess you will post a drive channel video soon?"

When amps will be ready I promise !

But recently I recorded with my friend a few samples of this preamp. Samples are recorded on a 1xEl84 Class A 5W amp. Gain was in the middle. Clean sound is turn down the volume on the guitar.

No effects only guitar -> cable -> Amps

I'll post if I find a sample with a higher gain

post-13933-0-08327800-1417207469_thumb.j

post-13933-0-42891400-1417207470_thumb.j

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some news :)

I finished the power Stage, added a choke in the power supply section. Power stage has switches between Class A / Class B and modification of the dynamic response and frequency of power stage.

I made a speaker cabinet and amp cabinet. Cabinets are made from plywood with a finger joints, I used Hide Glue.

post-13933-0-87663700-1421676951_thumb.j

post-13933-0-20922000-1421677016_thumb.j

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Dette nettstedet bruker cookies for å gi deg en best mulig brukeropplevelse Bruksvilkår.