• Bli medlem

Refretting, noe å prøve seg på selv?

Aphelion

Anbefalte innlegg

• Svar 31
  • Created
  • Siste svar

Top Posters In This Topic

Som i tråden han linket til over så krever det jo ikke allverdens med verktøy, en fil noe sandpapir, et vater ++

Dette er jo ting som du kan pushe hos den lokale altmuligsjappa og få til for en billig penge og en lærerik opplevelse?

Jeg sier u go for it girl, blir det ikke bra, så kjøper du ny hals... easy as shittt

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Som i tråden han linket til over så krever det jo ikke allverdens med verktøy, en fil noe sandpapir, et vater ++

Dette er jo ting som du kan pushe hos den lokale altmuligsjappa og få til for en billig penge og en lærerik opplevelse?

Jeg sier u go for it girl, blir det ikke bra, så kjøper du ny hals... easy as shittt

Det var fret-leveling (båndsliping) en re-fret er en betydelig større og mer komplisert jobb da.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As was said earlier, that price your friend gave you earlier was truly charity. No professional shop will do fretwork that cheap. You have to realize that doing a proper, professional-quality refret takes time, and requires the right tools to do the job properly (I've had to bite my tongue about criticizing the techniques used in the other 'fret-levelling' thread, which would be pointless). Not to mention it does take experience to do a good job and to develop an eye for the minute details involved. When I started learning to refret 25 years ago, believe me, you will mess-up your first couple of attempts, where differences of 1-2/1000" can make the difference to whether you get note-out, buzz, or even a tonally dead-sounding fret that refuses to seat because the slot was widened and the tangs refuse to grab into the wood. There's many details to consider when doing a refret. You cant just rip out the old frets, slap in any 'ol new ones, and expect it to play well. It's just not that simple, and that's why fretwork costs what it does for good quality work.

Perhaps you just need a good dress instead of a refret, depending on how deep the divits are, and if you have enough fret material left. If you live in or near Oslo and need an accurate, free assessment, feel free to contact me.

Just my 2 kroner. wink.gif

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As was said earlier, that price your friend gave you earlier was truly charity. No professional shop will do fretwork that cheap. You have to realize that doing a proper, professional-quality refret takes time, and requires the right tools to do the job properly (I've had to bite my tongue about criticizing the techniques used in the other 'fret-levelling' thread, which would be pointless). Not to mention it does take experience to do a good job and to develop an eye for the minute details involved. When I started learning to refret 25 years ago, believe me, you will mess-up your first couple of attempts, where differences of 1-2/1000" can make the difference to whether you get note-out, buzz, or even a tonally dead-sounding fret that refuses to seat because the slot was widened and the tangs refuse to grab into the wood. There's many details to consider when doing a refret. You cant just rip out the old frets, slap in any 'ol new ones, and expect it to play well. It's just not that simple, and that's why fretwork costs what it does for good quality work.

Perhaps you just need a good dress instead of a refret, depending on how deep the divits are, and if you have enough fret material left. If you live in or near Oslo and need an accurate, free assessment, feel free to contact me.

Just my 2 kroner. wink.gif

:lol::lol: Well, I've never experienced that problem, yet

TrollFace.png

Endret av oystein1988
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Dette nettstedet bruker cookies for å gi deg en best mulig brukeropplevelse Bruksvilkår.