Web Analytics
Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Hello! New to Norway..

Anbefalte innlegg

Hey gang!

My name is Allen, I'm a transplanted Canadian professional guitar tech of 25yrs who has just relocated over to Oslo from Toronto, and have just opened my new repair shop here. The majority of my customers are the hard rock / metal players, although I also have many years of vintage experience (of course I had to bring at least one along with me). For the metal guys, I specialize in 7 & 8 string guitars, and as an ERG metal player myself, I understand the needs of you guys - and have loads of experience in setting them up properly.

This looks like it's the place for guitarists here in Norway, and I'm hoping to make a positive contribution here, as I'm also a regular over at Sevenstring.org (Dendroaspis). Please excuse my lack of the language yet, I'll be taking classes soon too. I'll try to check the gear forums occasionally to answer tech questions if I can, or if you have any related questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. smile.png I'll also hopefully be advertising here soon, as well.

Cheers!

Allen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi and welcome!

Where in Oslo will I find your shop?

PS : I'm a Habs fan and I hate the Leafs almost as much as I hate the Bruins :P

Thanks! My humble little shop is out of my condo at Kværnerbyen. Check the small banner link in my sig to my webpage, and go to the Contact page for details.

I'm really only a leafs fan by default because Toronto was my city, but I too grew up as a true Habs fan during their 70's dynasty...I have on the way a personally signed habs jersey by Ken Dryden, who was my boyhood idol (I was a goalie when I was a kid)

Welcome, and guys with the experience you seem to have will always be a nice addition to the GN forum.

Just have to ask: Do you understand anything that is written in norwegian?

Thanks for the welcome...I like to share info and knowledge, and occasionally I like to write articles or forum picstories about certain mods or weird repairs. I'm picking up the basic idea of whats being written more and more everyday, but my wife is Norwegian and helps me with interpretation. And I have a good browser translator that works pretty well. I will be enrolling into language classes soon, but until then I hope everybody can be patient with the new Canuck. I'm happy that most Norwegians have excellent english, so I'm in no position to judge anyone else's language skills when mine is so poor. blush.gif

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks! My humble little shop is out of my condo at Kværnerbyen. Check the small banner link in my sig to my webpage, and go to the Contact page for details.

I'm really only a leafs fan by default because Toronto was my city, but I too grew up as a true Habs fan during their 70's dynasty...I have on the way a personally signed habs jersey by Ken Dryden, who was my boyhood idol (I was a goalie when I was a kid)

Wow! That jersey would be nice to see in your shop! :D Nice website with descriptive pictures telling more than 1000 words. (The gallery).

Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sorry, I'm on my iPhone, so I can't see signatures :)

Edit: I'm a jazzman actually, and my guitars all have 6 strings, but if you're as good as I think you are, you have a customer right here :)

Here you go Denyeverything :)http://avhguitar.110mb.com/

My father is a professional Jazz-guitarist so I am very well versed with jazz musicians :) (Lenny Breau was a friend of my dad).

P.s. you would love my 1959 ES175 (left behind in Canada, will get here in due time. I did bring my 1958 Les Paul Jr. but was worried about the potential VAT, so the ES175 stayed behind).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here you go Denyeverything :)http://avhguitar.110mb.com/

My father is a professional Jazz-guitarist so I am very well versed with jazz musicians :) (Lenny Breau was a friend of my dad).

P.s. you would love my 1959 ES175 (left behind in Canada, will get here in due time. I did bring my 1958 Les Paul Jr. but was worried about the potential VAT, so the ES175 stayed behind).

Impressive. I hope you'll like the forum. Guess it will take some time to learn norwegian though... If you need help translating something, just ask someone, most of us are quite friendly:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Dette nettstedet bruker cookies for å gi deg en best mulig brukeropplevelse Bruksvilkår.