Web Analytics
Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Årets NAMM nyheter fra Suhr

Gluke

Anbefalte innlegg

Personlig mistet jeg lysten til å kjøpe ny Suhr fra denne dato.

Når snakker vi om stor business hvor kun penger gjelder...

Mulig jeg hadde vært litt mer intresert om modellene deres var

unik på noe måte, slik som PRS, Parker m.flere. Men produksjon

av byggesettgitarer med bra komponenter og bra justering flyttet

til lavprisland???

Unsurhe, Fender med flere driver jo med samme allerede.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• Svar 91
  • Created
  • Siste svar

Top Posters In This Topic

Det er mulig Pro modellene er for tett opp til custom modellene både i pris og kvalitet.

Det tror jeg også er problemet. som jeg har nevt tidligere er det ingen besparelser ved produksjonen av Pro som veier opp prisdifferansen i forhold til en custom. I tillegg er de såpass dyre at de ikke egentlig "treffer" kunder som ikke hadde vurdert en custom.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ble litt overraska over den siste her ja, når jeg fikk nyhetsbrevet fra Godlyd..

Håper forøvrig at Rasmus-gitarene havner under 10 laken, så de blir et reelt alternativ til standard fender strater.. :)

Kommer det er Rasmus Classic med plekjob til under 10 da trenger de nye lokaler igjen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Pete Thorns kommentar til Rasmus gitarene:

"so awhile back I was visiting the Suhr factory, and Ed handed me a Modern, and asked me what I thought- I played it for a few minutes, and it was exceptional, felt like a typical Suhr guitar to me. Then he explained it was a sample, one of the protos for what's become the Rasmus line....

Well, first off, I was surprised- I had many of the same thoughts/questions/concerns as many of you. But I was holding this guitar, and it was essentially flawless. I mean, one of my concerns was actually how would this line affect sales of the regular Suhrs, because the guitar felt and played and looked so damn good. Flawless finish, perfect frets (makes sense, since the Suhr guys had done the whole setup). Obviously tight tolerances.

So we talked for a long while, and I brought up many things like what had happened to the Charvel/Jackson and Kramer lines in the 80's, etc. And Ed basically answered all of my questions, I didn't realize just how much experience and background he has dealing with Asian guitar factories, he really knows his stuff. He explained to me that with many of these companies in the 80's and 90's it was just about bottom line and expanding as fast as possible, and that they'd be raking in cash and living high on the hog, and maybe 1000 guitars would show up on the dock from Asia and the quality would be sub par, and that the bean counters would just send em out, instead of returning them. The Suhr guys clearly want nothing to do with that sort of b.s.- I don't know anyone more concerned with quality than John- so trust me he gets it, there's really no way he'd put his name on something if it wasn't up to snuff. Like, he wouldn't be able to sleep at night anymore. He just wouldn't do it. So whatever Ed has sorted out as far as a factory goes, I'll tell you, this guitar I played felt just exceptional.

As far as demographic, from what Ed told me they are aiming for the dudes that would normally be buying the Ibanez, the Schecter, the guys on the Petrucci forum that really would love a Suhr but can't (til now) afford it. Young guys or guys on a budget playing modern rock, metal, shred, etc.- hence the H-S-S and H-S-H pickup layouts, floyds, Modern body shape etc.

So that's my take on it. Pick one up and play it before you worry too much about anything else- honestly, Ed handed me this guitar, I didn't know, literally had no idea I wasn't playing a US made Modern when I played it, until he told me- so I guess that in of itself is an endorsement."

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Pete Thorns kommentar til Rasmus gitarene:

"so awhile back I was visiting the Suhr factory, and Ed handed me a Modern, and asked me what I thought- I played it for a few minutes, and it was exceptional, felt like a typical Suhr guitar to me. Then he explained it was a sample, one of the protos for what's become the Rasmus line....

Well, first off, I was surprised- I had many of the same thoughts/questions/concerns as many of you. But I was holding this guitar, and it was essentially flawless. I mean, one of my concerns was actually how would this line affect sales of the regular Suhrs, because the guitar felt and played and looked so damn good. Flawless finish, perfect frets (makes sense, since the Suhr guys had done the whole setup). Obviously tight tolerances.

So we talked for a long while, and I brought up many things like what had happened to the Charvel/Jackson and Kramer lines in the 80's, etc. And Ed basically answered all of my questions, I didn't realize just how much experience and background he has dealing with Asian guitar factories, he really knows his stuff. He explained to me that with many of these companies in the 80's and 90's it was just about bottom line and expanding as fast as possible, and that they'd be raking in cash and living high on the hog, and maybe 1000 guitars would show up on the dock from Asia and the quality would be sub par, and that the bean counters would just send em out, instead of returning them. The Suhr guys clearly want nothing to do with that sort of b.s.- I don't know anyone more concerned with quality than John- so trust me he gets it, there's really no way he'd put his name on something if it wasn't up to snuff. Like, he wouldn't be able to sleep at night anymore. He just wouldn't do it. So whatever Ed has sorted out as far as a factory goes, I'll tell you, this guitar I played felt just exceptional.

As far as demographic, from what Ed told me they are aiming for the dudes that would normally be buying the Ibanez, the Schecter, the guys on the Petrucci forum that really would love a Suhr but can't (til now) afford it. Young guys or guys on a budget playing modern rock, metal, shred, etc.- hence the H-S-S and H-S-H pickup layouts, floyds, Modern body shape etc.

So that's my take on it. Pick one up and play it before you worry too much about anything else- honestly, Ed handed me this guitar, I didn't know, literally had no idea I wasn't playing a US made Modern when I played it, until he told me- so I guess that in of itself is an endorsement."

Dette viser jo igjen at Rasmus er et alternativ til Pro. Hvorfor kjøpe Pro til doble prisen? Og introduksjonen av Pro Classic indikerer at Pro serien har en framtid? Hmm...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dette viser jo igjen at Rasmus er et alternativ til Pro. Hvorfor kjøpe Pro til doble prisen? Og introduksjonen av Pro Classic indikerer at Pro serien har en framtid? Hmm...

Jepp Pro Classic og Pro T. Ser ut som Suhr går for hele markedet. Rasmus +/- 10, Pro +/- 20, Custom +/- 30. Det er en ting som jeg tror de fleste ikke tenker så mye på og det er at med den omsetningen Suhr har idag er de i ingenmannsland. De er ikke små som Tyler og ikke store som PRS/Ernie Ball. Det er neppe en posisjon de ønsker å bli værende i. Så utifra et business standpunkt gir det her mening. Men det her er nok ikke drevet fram av John. Han er ikke noen businessmann han er gitarbygger, så tiden vil vise om har har gode nok rådgivere. Foreløpig har de ikke gjordt mye feil.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Dette nettstedet bruker cookies for å gi deg en best mulig brukeropplevelse Bruksvilkår.